- Switched dynamically generated coverage layers (based on filters) to static coverage layers for improved performance
- Applied new required USGS VisID to GloVis.usgs.gov
- Hosted ASTER L1T Overlays - Completed population
- SRTM Void Filled Level 2 added to the list of available datasets
- Added Download Queue Integration code to improve downloads times.
- Incorporated changes in metadata to accommodate for the switch to Landsat Multi-Mission datasets.
- A new Landing Page highlights new features and allows the user to launch in full-screen or normal
- The Interface Controls sidebar has been adjusted to be in a static position on the screen, so data will not be covered by it. The crosshair has been centralized to better fit in the viewing window.
- Users can now Jump to a Scene ID directly under the map pin button icon in the upper right.
- The Scene Navigator box formerly in the lower right hand corner has evolved into a timeline control panel for easier manipulation of the data
- The Timeline Tool works in co-discovery mode to compare the range in coverage between the data sets
- A list of Keyboard Shortcuts can be found under the gear icon by clicking View Shortcuts
- The display for the map can be changed to Full Screen mode by enabling the Full Screen mode icon in the upper right corner of the map.
- The Default Data Set option is added to the General Preferences section. Default Data Set determines which data sets to use when first loading GloVis Next.
- When the Predefined Layers is enabled, the Configure Layer Icon is added allowing a displays option to position the system and user defined WMS layers above or below the scene imagery.
- The default display mode includes a Map Center Point crosshair icon, and the display only shows scenes that intersect that point. This should make previous/next temporal navigation more like classic GloVis functionality. To restore GloVis 1.0 functionality, log in and update General Preferences to enable Advanced Geographic Filters.
- The default display mode allows only one data set to be selected. Limiting the number of data sets improves the display speed. To select several data sets at once, log in and update General Preferences to enable Co-discovery Mode. You may also want to increase the number of Rolling Browse that show before and after the date of the current scene.
- Landsat 8 is here! The Landsat team continues to process Landsat 8 data to Collection 1 standards, which means the data set is incomplete, but we encourage users to utilize Landsat Collection 1 data. Please see https://landsat.usgs.gov for more information.
- Download scenes directly from the Selected Scenes panel across the top or the Scene Navigation panel in the lower right.
- The Selected Scenes list has moved slightly, to a drop-down panel across the top of the map view area.
GloVis Release Notes
December 27, 2017 – GloVis 1.2 Release Notes
May 15, 2017 - GloVis Next 1.1.1 Release Notes
March 15, 2017 - GloVis Next 1.1 Release Notes
The site includes many improvements in the speed of the display and elimination of expired session errors. Please use the Feedback link in the black bar at the top of the page to report errors or provide other feedback on the site.
Tip: for users who would like to upload a KML or Shapefile, apply a WMS layer, draw a reference polygon, or add a point marker with a label, those features are available in the Reference Layers panel of the Interface Controls. Don't see the Reference Layers panel? In your Preferences, under General Preferences, enable the Reference Layer Panel.